The most common questions we get from our clients
Women may wear as little or as much as they would like. This includes being in the nude, wear bottoms or wearing a top and bottom. Some clients prefer the look of tan lines, while others do not like to have tan lines. Be aware that the thickness and pattern of your underwear line or bra strap will be what your tan line will look like. We also provide disposables at no cost.
Avoid highly scented lotions, mineral oils, perfumes, astringents, and cleaning solutions with acid or peroxide. Anything hard or chemical will wear away your tan more quickly.
Absolutely not. We color match each and every time to ensure that you get nothing but natural, beautiful results. Things that may cause you to turn orange are using poor quality solution, getting sprayed with a solution that is too dark for your skin tone, wearing it longer than your professional recommends, or not preparing your skin before your appointment. Also, women that are pregnant, taking medication (birth control included), and those that are menstruating might take lighter or darker than normal due to changes in hormones.
Yes, you can. However, salt, chlorine and other pool/jacuzzi chemicals will cause your tan to prematurely fade. I like to tell my clients to rinse in the shower before going in the ocean, lake, or pool. Also, once you are done swimming then be sure to rinse off as well and moisturize with lotion right after. This helps it not fade as fast or noticeably.
All tans done at NoCo Glow are done by me, no booth tans here!
- Moisturize your skin twice daily with a cream formulation moisturizer.
- Exfoliate at least TWICE the week prior to your appointment. Use washcloth and liquid soap.
- Schedule any waxing, manicures, or pedicures at least 48 hours prior to appointment.
- Do NOT use Bath and Body Works, Victoria’s Secret, Olay or Dove products. This will leave residue on your skin.
- Exfoliate your entire body with a non-oil exfoliant and exfoliating mitt.
- Shave with a brand-new razor (avoid moisturizing strip) and spray tan safe body wash. Rub skin briskly with a washcloth and/or scrub during shower, paying attention to ankles, knees, and elbows, and towel off briskly after shower. Moisturize heavily with an organic cream formulation moisturizer.
- Do not exfoliate or shave the day of your tan!
- Rinse (WATER Only) at least 4 hours prior to your appointment. Do Not apply any products to your skin.
- Skin must be clean and free of body oils, moisturizer, or deodorants. Any product left on the skin can create a barrier that will affect the outcome of your tan.
- Disposables are provided to use during your spray tan, but you may bring your own underwear to wear during your appointment.
- Bring flip flops or open top shoes as well as dark loose-fitting clothing to wear after your spray tan. NO jeans/leggings/tight yoga style pants as these may affect the outcome of your tan.
- Bring a large towel to place over your car seat to avoid staining them if wearing shorts/dress.
Aftercare is everything! In order to get the full life out of your tan, here are some tips and tricks to help you care for it.
- Be sure to wait the full time before rinsing. Your rinse time will be anywhere from 1-6 hours depending on skin tone and desired outcome. I will give you your rinse time at the end of your appointment. AVOID getting wet after getting sprayed. No dishes, bath time or laundry as this will cause streaking if water drips down your arm. Also, be careful in the rain, as this will cause spotting if you get wet after being sprayed. All solutions process over the next 12-24 hours post rinse. Be aware that during your first shower you will notice bronzer rinsing off, this is totally normal and is just the bronzer (aka my color guard) that is rinsing off. Your beautiful tan is right under it.
- MOISTURIZE! Your tan needs to stay hydrated in and out (drink water and apply lotion) in order for your tan to get the full life and fade nicely. Nobody likes a crackly looking tan. We have Body Lotion + Tan Extender available for purchase if needed. Be sure to avoid using any products by Dove, Olay and Bath and Body Works. These products will remove your tan and even streak it due to the high alcohol content, artificial colors/fragrance and parabens/sulfates that are in it.
- Do not exfoliate or use any abrasive scrubs once you have your tan. Exfoliate only when you are ready to remove your tan or if you have build up in certain spots. (Chest area is most common from working out)
- Take a lukewarm or cool shower, hot water is not your spray tans bestie. Be sure to use a spray tan safe body wash in the shower. Spray tan safe body wash can be purchased in studio. Make sure to pat dry with your towel instead of rubbing.
- AVOID working out for 24 hours.
- If you need to shave, be sure to shave in a downward motion to avoid exfoliating your tan and make sure there is no moisture strip. Be sure to use your spray tan safe body wash while shaving as well.